SEO is an acronym for “search engine optimization” or “search engine optimizer.” Now with that out of the way let us jump into the basics for SEO:
Create unique, accurate page titles
- Indicate page titles by using title tags - The <title> tag should be placed within the <head> tag of the HTML document.
- Accurately describe the page’s content – choose a title that matches page’s content and avoid vague titles like “”Untitled” or “New Page 1″.
- Create unique title tags for each page – having a unique title tag for each page, helps search engines know how the page is different than others.
- Use brief, but descriptive titles – short and informative titles is best when title is too long only part of title will show in search result and don’t put unneeded keywords in title.
Make use of the “description” meta tag
- Indicate page descriptions by using description mega tag – Like the <title> tag, the description meta tag is placed within the <head> tag of your HTML document.
- Summaries can be defined for each page – unlike titles here is where you can put a sentence or even a short paragraph.
- Accurately summarize page – make sure to both inform and interest search engine users.
- Create unique descriptions for each page – to get each page listed in search engine and increase your site visibility be sure to use unique descriptions.
Improve the structure of your URLs
- Make URLs simple to understand – create descriptive categories and filenames keeps site more organized and makes search engines crawl your site easier.
- URLs are displayed in search results – since URLs show-up in search results and show in Bold typeface if in user’s query which helps.
- Use words in URLs – make these words relevant to the site’s content and structure.
- One version of URL – make sure to have one URL linking to a page.
This is a very small portion of what is needed for proper SEO management, don’t have the time to learn the rest or implement SEO on your site reach out to us!