Website host is in the simplest of terms makes sure your website can be seen. Why spend hundreds of hours designing, maintaining and improving your site if nobody can get it to load? A web server is very similar to your desktop computer it has CPU, hard drive, memory, etc but it just had many of each. Beyond great hardware a good host needs the following:
- Redundant power with both UPS and generators
- Cooling, Fire Suppression, Security
- Redundant fiber access points and multiple internet providers
- Staff onsite 24×7 to fix any problems that may come up
- Offsite backups with offsite nameservers in case your server goes down
- Experience hosting your type (e-commerce, blog, etc) & traffic level (5000 hits a year or a minute) of site.
GES does have these and many other things in place, does your host if not maybe it is time to reach out to us?